Thursday, July 24, 2014

Love Birds: My Romeo and Juliet

I have had a couple of love birds for the past month.  I think they are so cute, but I decided to adopt them out. (I had gotten my husband a Green Cheek Conure for his birthday so I thought we should just have his bird, "Noah".)  I love the fact that people give me all these animals, but during the summer I get overwhelmed.  Then this happens!
Well, I came home and the female was gone.  I have no idea how she got out of the cage.  I was so sad, and couldn't find her anywhere.  I felt bad for the male.  The person who wanted them wanted a pair, so I told her to think about it and give me some time with the one bird. (I truly believe animals have feelings, too!  Losing a mate and changing environments is hard on people AND animals.)
This morning, I saw her sitting on the balcony just outside the rail near my foot. I always feed them in the morning and change their waters before I go downstairs for the bunnies.  Well, I opened the cage door and went in the house to change the waters out...when I returned, she was in her cage having breakfast!  The other bird sat on the side of the cage and watched her.  So I took him out and put him in their "original" cage (where she went in).  They huddled up together and she looks sleepy. 
So, yeah.  I'm keeping them now.  Thus the NEW names.  Romeo and Juliet.  Adorable!!
I'll get some photos posted later. 
What a happy day!

1 comment: